- 1 Why This Recipe Works
- 2 What Do You Need to Make Halloween Whoopie Pies
- 3 How to Make Halloween Whoopie Pies
- 4 Decorate and Present!
- 5 How to Make Halloween Whoopie Pie Spiders
- 6 How to Stencil Designs on Halloween Whoopie Pies
- 7 Tips and Techniques for the Best Halloween Whoopie Pies
- 8 Halloween Whoopie Pies FAQ’s
- 9 Where are Whoopie Pies originally from?
- 10 Do you need to refrigerate Whoopie Pies?
- 11 Love this Halloween Whoopie Pies recipe?
- 12 Halloween Whoopie PIes
- 13 Ingredients
- 14 Instructions
- 15 Notes
- 16 How to Stencil Designs on Halloween Whoopie Pies
- 17 How to Make Halloween Whoopie Pie Spiders
- 18 Nutrition
Halloween Whoopie Pies; make a great sweet dessert for all your goblins and ghosts! Decorate them with traditional black and orange shades or make them creepier by making their spiders!
When my boy was in the kindergarten class, he was able to bring a treat to celebrate his birthday. After searching on the web for a fun dessert idea, we settled to go with whoopie pie cakes. Between those Whoopie Pie cakes, I made use of cake frosting to make it easier, instead of marshmallow filling.
These Whoopie Pies tasted astonishingly delicious. It’s not just a matter of saying it because I’m going to show the recipe. His teacher, who left his class after a few years stated the cookies were the most delicious birthday present that anyone could have brought to a birthday party and wanted the recipe.
I shared the recipe with her and then I lost my copy.
After searching the internet to find cakes with Whoopie Pies made from cake mixes I’m thinking that the recipe I used previously may have been derived directly from Betty Crocker or an original recipe inspired by Betty’s recipe. I used the recipe from Betty Crocker as the inspiration in the Halloween Whoopie Pies and I must say that they’re quite amazing too!
Why This Recipe Works
- The Whoopie Pies are made of cake mix and then filled with cake frosting. They are kind of like having a delicious cake that you can put in your hands.
- The pudding that is in the mixture makes the cake denser, and the chocolate flavor is even more intense!
- You are able to modify this recipe to suit any celebration or celebration by altering the cake mix, pudding flavor, and cake icing flavor, and food gel color.
- They are simple to make and children can assist in decorating them.
What Do You Need to Make Halloween Whoopie Pies
You’ll require several items to have them in your pantry for the Halloween Whoopie Pies.
In between the cakes I made vanilla cake icing which I colored orange using the food coloring gel as well as black edible glitters (they can be difficult to locate, but black sprinkles are also great).
It is also possible to make use of bags for piping or techniques to evenly distribute the batter in the cakes and also for decorating The Whoopie Pies.
Tips: using food coloring gel provides a more vivid color than normal food coloring.
If you don’t wish to use black sprinkles you could also decorate your cookies with Halloween-themed stencils, powdered sugar, and stencils, or create spiders using black rope licorice as your legs, and eyes that are candy! I’ll guide you through the way I decorated them by following the steps below!
How to Make Halloween Whoopie Pies
There are no prep tasks to be completed to prepare this recipe. All you need to do is get your ingredients ready.
Pre-heat your oven until 350°F.
Mix your Devil’s Food cake mix, vegetable oil, water eggs, pudding, and mix into a big mixing bowl. Beat on medium until it is well-mixed. This batter is going to appear dense and dense. That’s what you’re looking for.
For larger whoopie pie make sure you add 18 evenly-sized (as you can!) scoops of batter on the Silpat-lined baking sheets, in the shape of a circle. It is also possible to make circles with the large piping tip or pastry bag to get more consistent outcomes.
TIP: For smaller Whoopie Pies, you can make 36 smaller circles using the batter.
Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, dependent on what size you want your pie. They will turn out soft and cooked after baking.
Then, you can add the vanilla icing to a small bowl. Mix in the orange food coloring until it is well mixed and you get the desired shade.
Pipe (or apply) the icing on the surface on one completely cool Whoopie pie cake.
Then top it with another cake. Be careful not to press too hard, or the icing could be squeezed out.
Decorate and Present!
An easy, but the fun method for decorating these Whoopie Pies is to add chocolate sprinkles in black or even cake sparkles If you can locate these.
Sprinkle onto the white sprinkles after the Whoopie Pies are assembled.
How to Make Halloween Whoopie Pie Spiders
Making your Whoopie Pies spiders makes it fun and simple. Children love them, and they make great Halloween decorations.
To create Halloween Whoopie Pie Spiders, utilize 4 bits of black rope as legs. Place the licorice on the icing and then cover it with another Whoopie Pie. Take a small amount of cake icing left over to adhere candy eyes on both sides of the pie.
Tips: You may want to make your cake the icing black (or make use of chocolate flavor) to make this cake.
How to Stencil Designs on Halloween Whoopie Pies
The stenciling of Halloween-themed designs on Whoopie Pies is another method to make them more entertaining!
You can either purchase small Halloween-themed stencils or print/cut out the desired designs you want to stencil.
When using stencils, ensure that the stencil is completely covered by Whoopie Pie to ensure you don’t end up with powdered sugar that you do not want it. Make use of powdered sugar as well as a Sifter to gently cover your stencil. Take the stencil off carefully so that you can view your stencil!
Tips and Techniques for the Best Halloween Whoopie Pies
- For smaller Whoopie pies You can create 36 smaller circles from your batter.
- The use of orange food coloring gel provides a more vibrant color.
- Make sure that your cakes are completely cool before you add the frosting otherwise you’ll end up with a mess.
Halloween Whoopie Pies FAQ’s
Where are Whoopie Pies originally from?
There is a disagreement online regarding whether Whoopie-Pieties originated from Pennsylvania from the Amish or New England, particularly in Maine where they are very popular.
Do you need to refrigerate Whoopie Pies?
After the pie is assembled, you have to keep Whoopie Pies in a sealed airtight container and keep them in the refrigerator. Utilize them within 2 days to get the best results.
Love this Halloween Whoopie Pies recipe?
Halloween Whoopie PIes
- Preheat your oven to 350degF.
- Mix the Devil's Food Cake mix with water egg, vegetable oil, and pudding mix into the mixer bowl of a large size and beat it on medium speed until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- To make larger Whoopie Pies make sure you add 18 evenly sized scoops of batter onto to Silpat-lined baking sheets that are the shape of a circle.
- For smaller Whoopie Pies prepare 36 circles of batter.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, based upon the dimensions of the pie.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Color the vanilla frosting by mixing it in with food coloring gel orange until it is well mixed until the desired color is achieved.
- Pipe the icing on the flat side of one Whoopie Pie cake and top with another cake.
- Sprinkle black sprinkles on top.
- Check out the notes section for instructions on stenciling designs on the Whoopie Pies and how to create Whoopie Pie spiders.
NotesThis recipe makes 18 smaller Whoopie Pies or 9 large Whoopie Pies.
How to Stencil Designs on Halloween Whoopie PiesYou can either buy smaller Halloween-themed stencils or print or cut out the designs you want to stencil. Make sure that the stencil is fully over your Whoopie Pie to ensure you do not get powdered sugar in places you would not like or need it. Use powdered sugar, and a sifter to lightly to lightly. Take the stencil off carefully so that you can clearly see the design!
How to Make Halloween Whoopie Pie SpidersTo create Halloween Whoopie Pie Spiders, take 8 pieces of black licorice to make legs. Spread the licorice over the icing, then top it off on the next Whoopie Pie. Make use of a tiny bit of cake icing extra to make it stick eye candy to the tops of your cakes. It is possible to tint the cake icing with on top of the pies (or apply the chocolate taste!) in this recipe. * The nutritional information is an estimate and can vary. It is based on 18 tiny Whoopie Pies.
NutritionServing: 1pie | Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 41mg | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Calcium: 411mg | Iron: 0.1mg