A supermarket survey is a questionnaire that is used to collect feedback from customers about their shopping experience at a particular supermarket. The survey can be used to gather information about a variety of topics, such as the supermarket’s selection of products, prices, customer service, and overall satisfaction.
Supermarket surveys can be conducted in a variety of ways, such as in-store, online, or through email. The survey questions can be tailored to the specific needs of the supermarket, but some common questions that are typically asked include:
- How satisfied are you with the supermarket’s selection of products?
- Are the prices at the supermarket fair?
- How would you rate the customer service at the supermarket?
- Would you recommend the supermarket to friends or family?
- What could be improved about the supermarket?
The information gathered from supermarket surveys can be used to improve the shopping experience at the supermarket. For example, if the survey results show that customers are not satisfied with the supermarket’s selection of products, the supermarket may consider adding new products to its shelves. If the survey results show that customers are not satisfied with the prices at the supermarket, the supermarket may consider lowering its prices.