- 1 Witch Hat Cupcakes
- 2 Black Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 Tinted Green Vanilla Buttercream
- 4 How to Make Witch Hat Cupcakes
- 5 Witch’s Hat Cupcakes Recipe
- 6 Ingredients
- 7 Green Vanilla Buttercream:
- 8 Witch Hats:
- 9 Instructions
- 10 For the Black Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 11 For the Green Vanilla Buttercream:
- 12 For the Witch Hats:
- 13 Assembly:
- 14 Notes
- 15 Witch’s Hat Cupcakes Recipe FAQs
- 16 How long do cupcakes have to cool before frosting?
- 17 How long are cupcakes good for in the fridge?
- 18 Why do my cupcakes peel away from cases?
Witch Hat Cupcakes require only 5 ingredients to make and are great for Halloween! These easy Halloween treats are sure to be loved by your children!
Happy October! It’s my favorite month of the year! Autumn leaves, cooler temperatures, Halloween, as well as all the comfort foods, soups, and fun treats that come with it! While Halloween is a favorite holiday of mine, I’m not crazy about decorations or treats. I like simplicity.
Moms with small children will agree that Halloween is a busy time. I love cute, festive treats as long as they are easy!
These Chocolate Chip Spider Cookies or Pumpkin Cupcakes w/ Cinnamon Cream cheese Frosting are great examples of amazing, but easy Halloween treats.
This Witch Hat Cupcakes are an easy dessert for Halloween made of blacked-out chocolate cupcakes with green-tinted vanilla buttercream, and a delicious witch’s hat! This recipe is easily multiplied for your next Halloween celebration!
the post could include an affiliate the post may contain an affiliate. Please refer to my disclosure policy for further details.
Oh, how I love the month of October. My birthday is on the horizon, along with Thanksgiving in Canada as well as HALLOWEEN! Halloween is by far my favorite celebration that I can think of! I’m in love with anything horror-related, and the treats are an excellent treat.
Witch Hat Cupcakes
The Witch Hat Cupcakes are made with a dark chocolate cupcake along with vanilla buttercream. They are also easy witch hats. In truth, I had no intention of posting them on the blog. I started the Instagram account to post my random cupcakes, cakes, and desserts that I create for fun. These cupcakes are one of them.
However, I realized it’s already October and I’ve not published a recipe for Halloween yet It’s so sad! Since these cupcakes have already been made so I thought I’d let you know about them.
Black Chocolate Cupcakes
I adapted my most-loved chocolate cupcake recipe and substituted some cocoa to give them that stunning black hue! Making these cupcakes is easy as mixing dry ingredients together in one dish, and those with wet ingredients into a different bowl and then mixing them all together.
It isn’t necessary to follow this cupcake recipe to make these cupcakes. You are free to use one of my cupcake recipes to make a base!
Tinted Green Vanilla Buttercream
To make my frosting I created simple vanilla buttercream, and tinted it with green gel leaf food coloring to make the hue that evokes the witch!
Sugar, butter, powdered vanilla heavy cream, and a little salt are all combined to create a light, delicious buttercream! You could even add mint extract to make these cupcakes with mint chocolate flavored!
How to Make Witch Hat Cupcakes
The process of assembling these cupcakes with a witch’s hat is quite simple. Begin by piping an oblong on each cupcake. Dip the sides and the top in sprinkles! The following were the ones I chose to use however you could make an easy sprinkle mix by mixing equal amounts of purple, green-black, as well as white sprinkles.
Pipe one last swirl of frosting over the over the base of your sprinkles and then decorate it with nonpareils. I used Halloween-themed nonpareils that I purchased at one of my cake supplies stores, however in the event that you don’t have any then feel free to just leave the swirls simple.
It’s impossible to serve witch hat cupcakes if we don’t have those witches hats! The witch hats are created in five easy steps.
- Separate the Oreos
- Eliminate from the filling of cream
- Pipe a small amount of frosting into the middle in Oreo wafers. Oreo wafer.
- Sprinkle some sprinkles on it, If you’d like
- Put a Hershey’s kiss onto the top.
I created about 20 in just five minutes. They’re easy! Place them on the witch’s head and you’re accomplished!
These Witch Hat Cupcakes are such an ideal last-minute treat for Halloween, as they’re easy to put together and require just a few basic ingredients. Simple enough for children to assist with yet elegant enough to make your guests smile!
Did you bake the Witch Hat Cupcakes? Let me know what you think of them by leaving a comment below! Don’t forget to give your review!
Witch’s Hat Cupcakes Recipe
Black Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 1 1 1/2 cups (193g) All-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups (295g) Granulated Sugar
- Half Cup (35g) non-sweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup (22g) cocoa powder black
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs Room temperature
- 1/2 cup (99ml) Vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (160ml) buttermilk at in room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Half Cup (120ml) Hot coffee, boiling water, or hot
Green Vanilla Buttercream:
- 1 cup (227g) unflavored butter at in a room temperature
- Four cups (480g) powdered sugar Sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of whole milk, or whipping cream heavy at room temperature
- Salt 1/4 cup, according to your taste
- Leaf green gel food coloring
- 2 cups Witch Sprinkle Mix
- 10 Oreos, split (filling removed)
- Green Vanilla buttercream (recipe above)
- 19 Hershey’s Kisses
For the Black Chocolate Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (177C) then line a standard cupcake pan with liners made of paper. Line the second pan with 7 liners. this recipe yields approximately 19 cupcakes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, Cocoa Powder Baking Powder Baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Mix until well-combined.
- in a cup combine the eggs, sugars both types, and vegetable oils as well as buttermilk and vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, and whisk until combined. Add boiling water or hot coffee to mix until smooth and well-mixed. The batter will become runny.
- Scoop the batter in cupcake cups, filling the liners about 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 14-16 mins or so until a toothpick inserted in the center is clean.
- Take cupcakes out of the oven, and let them cool in pans for approximately 10 minutes. Then, transfer onto cooling racks so that they be completely cool before frosting.
For the Green Vanilla Buttercream:
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer with a paddle attachment or in the bowl of a larger one fitted with an electric mixer beat the butter at a moderate speed until light and soft (about five to six minutes).
- The mixer should be turned down to low and gradually add half the sugar cup at once at a. After incorporating you can add heavy cream, vanilla, salt, and beat until it is all combined.
- Incorporate the rest of the Sugar powder one cup at a time, and mix at a low speed until it is combined.
- After the sugar has been mixed Add some drops of food coloring.
- Increase the speed of the mixer to high, and beat until fluffy and light approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
For the Witch Hats:
- Divide Oreos into two pieces and take out their cream-filled filling. Place them on a platter upside down.
- Transfer around 14 cups frosting into the Ziploc bag of small size and cut off a tiny corner.
- Pipe frosting onto the middle of each Oreo and then place a Hershey’s kiss over it and press it down so that some of the frosting’s green oozes out. Transfer the Oreo to the refrigerator until it is time to put it together.
- Transfer buttercream to a pipetting bag that has a large star tip. Incorporate a uniform layer of frosting on each cupcake.
- Dip the tops of the trays into the sprinkles (see the notes) turning to completely cover the sides.
- Pipe a swirl over the above the base. Add a witch hat to the top. Enjoy!
- Keep your cupcakes inside an air-tight box and keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- I made use of this mix of sprinkles however, you can easily make your own by using a mix of purple, green, white, and black sprinkles!
- You are welcome for you to embellish the outer rim of the witch’s hat using Halloween-themed sprinkles like the ones below. Halloween nonpareils.
- Make them ahead of time: (1) Witch costumes can be prepared in advance and stored inside the fridge until they are ready to use. (2) Cupcakes can be prepared at least two days in advance and kept inside an airtight container, at room temperatures. (3) Buttercream can be prepared in advance and kept within an airtight container within the refrigerator until you are ready to use. Bring it to temperatures at room temperature, and then continue to whip for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.